QAA Quality Code and Higher Education Review
- The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) is an independent body which is entrusted with monitoring and advising on standards and quality in UK higher education. The QAA Quality Code for Higher Education sets out the expectations that all providers of higher education in the UK are required to meet.
- The Quality Code gives all higher education providers a shared starting point for setting, describing and maintaining the academic standards of their higher education awards and programmes and for assuring the quality of the learning opportunities they provide. The Quality Code relates to the learning and teaching activities of a higher education provider. We use it to design and implement policies and procedures for maintaining academic standards and quality in our higher education provision.
The Quality Code has three parts:
- Part A: Setting and maintaining academic standards
- Part B: Assuring and enhancing academic quality
- Part C: Information about higher education provision.
The Quality Code is the core reference point used in the QAA’s review activity. Higher Education Review is the review method for higher education delivered in England from 2013-14. It succeeds Review of College Higher Education. You can read our last review report here together with the supporting action plan.