Financial Support

There are a range of financial support options available to higher education students at Southport College.

Apply through UCAS

Apply for a Student Loan

Course Fees

Student Information Centre

Financial Support

Payment Of Course Fees

Payment for our university level courses is normally through the Student Loan system. Students must have proof of their loan in place before they can be enrolled on a course.

You can apply for a loan by visiting

You can also pay your course fees in full without a loan or via an invoice to your employer if they are paying for you.

How Much Will I Pay?

A full list of course fees can be accessed on the link below:

Higher Education Course Fees 17/18

Some courses may also carry materials, residential or miscellaneous fees. You will be given information on any additional fees during your interview.

Can I get Access To Financial Support?

Financial support is avaialble to students studying our higher education courses.

Tuition Fee Costs

A tuition fee loan is available which is not means tested and paid directly from Student Finance England to college.

Full-time or part-time students can start their application online through the Student Finance England web site  or download a paper form from this link:


Living Support

Financial support to help with the cost of living is only available to students studying full-time. There are two facilities offered:

Maintenance Loan: Financial support paid directly to students for living costs. Apply online at:
Maintenance Grant: A means tested financial support paid directly to students for living costs. Apply online at

Other Financial Support

You may be entitled to additional financial support depending on your individual circumstances:

Childcare Grant: A grant to help with childcare costs for students with dependent children. Apply online at

Parents Learning Allowance: This provides help with course-related costs if the student has dependent children. Apply online at

Adult Dependant's Grant: Support if you have an adult who depends on you financially. Apply online at

If you need to discuss financial support at any time you can talk to our Student Guidance Team by calling 01704 392704 or emailing

Disabled Students Allowance(DSA)

DSA is a grant to help pay for additional equipment and support needed as a result of disability, ongoing health condition, sensory impairment, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty. The allowance can help with the cost of a non-medical helper, specialist equipment, the cost of extra travel and other course related items. To find out if you qualify and how to apply, please contact The Student Guidance Centre on 01704 392704 or email We advise that you apply early if you think you are eligible as the process can take a couple of months to complete.

Non-EU Nations

Students from outside the EU may be subject to “overseas” fees. For further information regarding these fees, please refer to guidance from the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) at

Sign into your account

Login reset password


This process may take a few moments to complete, do not interrupt by clicking back or closing the browser window.