The Student Information Centre
As a student at Southport College you will have access to a wide range of information, advice and guidance throughout your time with us. Starting college might seem like a big leap which is why we have a range of support in place to make things easy as possible. The Student Information Centre is a one stop shop for any information, advice and guidance you may need before and during your time at College. There are a team of Student Advisors available 5 days a week to support you in finding the right course and supporting your chosen career pathway. We aim to ensure that you have the support you need to enable you to make the most of your time at College and plan your future.
The Student Information Centre can help you with:
- Information, advice and guidance about courses
- Careers education, information, advice and guidance
- Higher Education, Student Loans and university information
- Financial assistance such as travel passes and help with kits and uniforms
- Bursary funds and childcare funding
- International/EU/EEA student advice
- Links to the Student Engagement Officers for personal support
- Counselling support
- Links and support for students with Learning Difficulties/Disabilities and medical needs
To contact the Student Information Centre please call 01704 392704 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have dedicated counsellors available to offer support to students who may find they need emotional support whilst studying. We offer one to one counselling, solution focused time limited counselling and crisis drop-in support.
All counsellors possess a counselling diploma and post qualification experience and have either gained BACP accreditation or have membership. For further information please telephone 01704 392759 or call into the Student Information Centre.
Monday – Thursday 8.30am – 5.00pm and Friday 8.30am – 4.00pm
Monday – Thursday 10am- 4.00pm and Friday 10am – 3pm