Traineeships At Southport College
What is a Traineeship?
Traineeships can prepare you for your future career, helping you to get ready for the world of work and improving your chances of getting an Apprenticeship or other job.
Traineeships last anything from six weeks to a maximum of six months with the content tailored to your individual needs, including:
- Work preparation training which ensures you are ready and have confidence to take the first step in your career, such as an Apprenticeship.
- English and maths support to help give you the literacy and numeracy skills needed for the workplace.
- Meaningful work experience which provides insight and experience of the world of work and makes you more attractive to potential employers.
Is a Traineeship for me?
You could be suitable for a Traineeship if you:
- are unemployed (or work less than 16 hours per week) and have little work experience
- are motivated to work
- are aged 16 - 18 inclusive and are qualified below Level 3 OR are aged 19 - 23 inclusive and are qualified below full Level 2
A Traineeship is probably not right for you if you:
- already have the skills and experience needed to find an Apprenticeship or work
- are aged 24 plus (unless you are subject to Learning Difficulty Assessments and are aged 16 or over and under 25)
- are already in a job
How to Apply
You can apply for a Traineeship at any point throughout the year. To apply call 01704 392704, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download and return the application form above.