University Centre Support

As a student at Southport College University Centre you will have access to a range of support including careers advice and guidance as well as learning, financial and personal support if applicable.

Personal Support

If you need support at any point during your time with us you can speak to your tutor or the Student Information Centre team who can refer you to our personal support services.

Learning Support

Learning support for Higher Education students is funded through Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) which is a grant to help pay for additional equipment and support needed as a result of disability, ongoing health condition, sensory impairment, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty.

Paula Eley is here to help guide you through the process, so please do conatct her if you feel you will need help.

Financial Support

There are a range of financial support options available to higher education students at Southport College University Centre including student finance for tuition and living expenses and for eligible students help with childcare and assistance for parents and those with adult dependents. Please contact our guidance team who will be happy to help.

Careers Advice & Employability

When you study at Southport College University Centre you are studying for a qualification that gets you ready for work. Because the courses we offer are vocational you gain the skills employers want as well as the theory that underpins them.

Frequently Asked Questions

Our Student Information Centre staff can talk you through the different support options available at the University Centre. You can visit them in person or contact them by phone 01704 392704 or email

How you apply depends on the type of support you are applying for. There are specific application processes for each type of support such as DSA or childcare funding. The Student Information Centre can explain the application process for any support you are eligible for or you can discuss when you attend your course interview.

Applying for a tuition loan and maintenance loan/grant must be done through the Student Finance website. For more information or to start your application click here.

Student Information Centre

Call now

01704 392704

Opening Times

Monday, Friday 8.15am-5.00pm
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8.15am-7.00pm

Outside Term-time
Monday to Thursday 8.30am-5.00pm
Friday 8.30am-4.00pm